Online Apply POST & PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIPS 2010-11 through APSMFC
Andhra Pradesh State Minorities Finance Corporation Limited has been incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 in the year 1985. The main objective is to assist the weaker sections of Minorities viz; Muslims, Sikhs, Buddhists and Parsis for their socio-economic development in collaboration with Banks and Corporation provides Subsidy and interest Subsidy. The Source of funding for the corporate is from Government of Andhra Pradesh and National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation, New Delhi.
POST and PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP 2010-11:
Eligibility : Student pursuing studies from class XI to Ph.D including Technical and Vocational courses.
Annual income of Parent/Guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.00 Lakh.
Secured not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination (No back logs in any academic year).
Last Date of Registration of On-line Application 31-07-2010
Click here to apply online
Click here for official site
PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR STUDENTS BELONGING TO THE MINORITY COMMUNITIES (FROM CLASS VI TO X)
GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH MINORITIES WELFARE DEPARTMENT (A.P.S.M.F.C.) ANNOUNCES PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR STUDENTS BELONGING TO THE MINORITY COMMUNITIES & studying in Government or Recognised Private Schools from Class VI to Class X
Annual Income of Parent/Guardian should not exceed Rs. 1.00 Lakh
Last date of Receipt of application through Schools is 31-08-2009
No application will be entertained individually Pre Matric scholarship application form (Govt. of AP)
Pre Matric scholarship application form (Govt. of AP) click here
The Amul Vidya Shree Award for SSC-2010 School Toppers across India
Amul takes immense pleasure in presenting ‘The Amul Vidya Shree Award’, India’s first of its kind award that recognises and rewards Standard X toppers across India.
The awards are:
A Gift hamper of books
The winner will be featured in one of India’s leading newspaper and will get national recognition.
Terms and Conditions:
Application for Awards must be made by the Principal of the school as per the application form.
To be eligible for the Amul Vidya Shree Award, the student must have passed Std.10 in the academic year 2009-10 at the State or Central Board Examinations in any medium and must have scored the highest aggregate marks in the school.
Online application entries should be done by 10th July, 2010.
From the entries received, students scoring the highest aggregate marks will be selected for the Awards.
Note: The decision of GCMMF Ltd., Anand will be final in all matters as regards this Award.
SCHEME OF ‘LIC GOLDEN JUBILEE SCHOLARSHIP’ FOR STUDENTS BELONGING TO THE ECONOMICALLY WEAKER FAMILIES FOR PURSUING HIGHER STUDIES
1. OBJECTIVE The objective of the scheme is to award scholarships to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections of society so as to provide them better opportunities for higher education increase their rate of attainment in higher education and enhance their employability.
2. SCOPE The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a govt or private college/university,. It will also cover technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) of classes at Graduation level.
3. ELIGIBILITY Students who have passed Class XII exam or its equivalent in Year 2009 and are interested to pursue higher education in the field of a) Engineering b) Medicine c) Arts/Science/Commerce d) Diploma Cources in any field and e) Any Vocational course which leads to immediate employment & where minimum education qualification stipulated is plus 2 Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 60% marks or equivalent grade in the Class 12 or its equivalent final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs60,000/ per annum.
4. DURATION Scholarship shall be provided for the entire course.
5. RATE OF SCHOLARSHIP Rs.10,000/- per annum, Rs.1000/ payable monthly for ten months directly into the bank account of the beneficiery.
6. CONDITIONS FOR SCHOLARSHIP (i) Scholarship shall be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 60% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs.60,000/ per annum. Students having the lowest family income shall be given preference in the ascending order. (ii) The scholarship shall be discontinued if a student fails to secure 50% in B.A./B.COM. and 55% marks in other streams or equivalent grade, in the previous final examination of the course for which scholarship is awarded. Scholarship shall not be awarded for more than the normal period of time taken to obtain certificate/degree. (iii) Scholarship shall not be given to more than one student in a family. (iv) The students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick shall be decided by the competent authority of the school/college/university. (v) Income certificate should be on self-certification basis by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper for self-employed parents and from employer for employed parents supported by documents such as land held by revenue department in the name of parents. (vi) If a student violates any other term and condition of the scholarship, the scholarship may be suspended or cancelled. (vii) If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement/certificates, his/her scholarship shall be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid shall be recovered, at the discretion of the concerned Divisional Administration of LIC. (viii) LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation will lay down the detailed procedure for processing and sanctioning of scholarships to eligible students. (ix) Scholarship shall be credited to the student’s bank account maintained at the place of study. Efforts shall be made for transferring it electronically through the banks. (x) The scheme shall be evaluated at regular intervals by the LICGJF. (xi) The regulations can be changed at any time at the discretion of the Board of Trustees of LICGJF
7. RENEWAL OF SCHOLARSHIP The scholarship, once awarded, may be renewed during the next academic year of the course on the production of certificate that the student has secured 50% in B.A./B.COM. and 55% marks in other streams or equivalent grade in the examination.
8. MODE OF APPLYING Last date for online application is 16th August 2009. Apply ONLINE for Scholarship Click Here
ANNOUNCEMENT OF NATIONAL TALENT SEARCH EXAMINATION(NTSE-2010)
NCERT National Talent Search Examination National Council of Educational Research and Training Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi – 110016
National Talent Search Scheme is a flagship activity of the NCERT started in the year 1963. The purpose of the scheme was to identify talented students and nurture their talent. Talent refers to the potentiality that manifests itself in a high level of performance in one or more specialized areas. The scheme, therefore, covers areas like Sciences, Social Sciences, Engineering, Medicine, Management and Law. It honours and helps talented students by providing financial assistance in the form of a monthly scholarship. For the courses in Basic Sciences, Social Sciences and Commerce, this assistance is provided up to Ph.D. level. For professional courses like Engineering, Medicine, Management and Law this assistance is given only up to Post Graduation. From the selection year 2010, the NCERT will conduct the National Talent Search Examination for students studying in Class VIII only.
1. Scholarships: On the basis of the examination conducted, 1000 scholarships will be awarded for each group of students appearing for Class VIII examinations. The amount of scholarship will be Rs.500/- per month as per NTS rules.
2. Reservation: 15% scholarships will be reserved for students belonging to the SC category, 7.5% scholarships for students belonging to the ST category and 3% for Physically Challenged Group of Students each in respect of the class VIII.
3. Selection: There will be two-stage selection process for award of scholarship. For Stage-I, selection will be done by States/UTs through a written examination. Students who qualify Stage I will be eligible to appear for Stage II examination conducted by NCERT.
4. The States/UTs will also conduct the selection test for National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme along with the Stage-I written examination for NTS.
5.Important Dates: Stage I (State) Last Date for Submission of Application Form - 31 August, 2009 Area - Examination in Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland and Andaman and Nicobar Islands - 7 November, 2009 (Saturday)Area - Examination in All other States and Union Territories- 8 November, 2009 (Sunday) Stage II (National) - Examination in All States and Union Territories 9 May, 2010 (Sunday)
6. Eligibility: Students of Class VIII studying in recognized schools are eligible to appear for the respective Class VIII Stage I examination conducted by the States/UTs in which the schools are located. There will be no domicile restriction.
7. Examination: The pattern of written examination for Class VIII will be as follows: • Stage I examination at the State/UT level will comprise two parts, namely (a) Mental Ability Test (MAT) and (b) Scholastic Ability Test (SAT) covering social sciences, sciences and mathematics. • Stage II examination at the National level will comprise (a) Mental Ability Test (MAT), (b) Scholastic Ability Test (SAT) covering social sciences, sciences and mathematics, (c) Interview. Only those candidates who qualify the written examination at the National Level will be invited for interview.
8. State Quotas: Each State/Union Territory has been allotted a quota to recommend a specific number of candidates for the Stage II examination, the details of which will be made available on NCERT website. However, there will be no State/Union Territory Quota for the final award of scholarship after the Stage II examination. Reservation for SC, ST and physically challenged will be as notified in para 2 above.
9. Application Form: You may contact the State/UT Liaison officer for procuring application form. However, application form can be downloaded from NCERT website also. All correspondence relating to application forms should be addressed to the State Liaison Officers (LOs) whose addresses are given at the end/Website.
10. The completed application form duly signed by Principal of the school should be submitted to the LO/ concerned district official of the State before the last date.
11. Fees: States and Union Territories may notify the fee required (refer NCERT website) which will be paid for the Stage-I examination. However, NCERT does not charge any fee for the Stage-II examination.
12. Announcement of Results: Results of the Stage-I examination will be announced by the respective State Governments/ Union Territories. Results of Stage-II examination will be announced by NCERT.
13. Indian Students Studying Abroad can appear directly for Stage II NTS Examination under conditions prescribed in the NTS brochure for class VIII which is available on the NCERT website. Candidates may fill up relevant items of the Application Form available on the NCERT website and send to the undersigned along with a photocopy of the mark sheet of previous examination latest by March 15, 2010.
Address: Head Department of Educational Measurement & Evaluation National Council of Educational Research & Training Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi-110016
For Application Click Here
List of NTS Liaison Officers Click Here
For more informations please visit : http://www.ncert.nic.in